What We Believe
- We believe in one God Eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in God the Father who has created the world and governs all things: that He is the believer’s faithful Father.
- We believe in God the Son as Jesus Christ who came to this earth, died on the cross to pay the penalty for His peoples’ sins, and arose from the dead to give them new life.
- We believe in God the Holy Spirit who lives in the believer that he or she may grow in his understanding and expression of the Christian life.
- We believe our main purpose in life is to glorify God and enjoy Him forever.
- We believe the Bible is the Word of God written. In the Bible, God has revealed what we are to believe concerning Him and what He requires of us.
- We believe that the Holy Scriptures (Bible) is our only infallible guide for faith and life. We stand in the tradition of the Reformed faith. In addition to the Word of God, we use for a guide in preaching and practice the Heidelberg Catechism, the Belgic Confession, and the Canons of Dort.
- We affirm, because the Bible says so, that God created the world in six literal ordinary days and rested on the seventh day. (Genesis 1&2 and Exodus 20:11) We believe God created men and women equal in respect to salvation, but with different roles; therefore, men are commanded to take leadership in the church. (Ephesians 5 and I Corinthians 11) Also we reject the modern worship style that we believe is man-centered rather than God glorifying.
- We believe in the pre-existence and deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His substitutionary death, His bodily resurrection, and His glorious second coming. The wages of sin is death, and apart from a personal faith in Jesus, there is no hope of everlasting life. (Acts 4:12)
Creeds and Confessions
Here are some links to the different creeds and confessions to which we hold.
Canons of Dort